So, how do you get rid of a phobia?
Panic originates from an external cue, which in turn triggers an internal response of fear. The cure for a phobia lies in weakening the bond between the fear stimulus and fear response. Hypnotherapy allows you to view the fear calmly, so the fear response is neutralised.
Do you need to know what initiated the fear?
It can be useful, but also can be overcome, if it`s simply a fear.
When do fears become phobias?
A fear, if ignored over time, often will not go away and in fact, will run the risk of intensifying the feeling that triggers the fear. This can then develop into a full blown phobia.
What is the difference between phobias and fears?
Fears are easier to control, whereas dealing with phobias may appear impossible. You will have an overpowering urge to avoid that situation under any circumstances, believing that your very survival is at risk.
You will in fact, feel that you are under threat and this will initiate the fight or flight response. So you will do anything in your power to keep away from any similar future situations.
Top 10 Fears
- Fear of Flying
- Public Speaking
- Fear of Heights
- Fear of the Dark
- Fear of Death
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of Spiders
Top Fear – Fear of Flying
Are you nervous just at the thought about booking a business trip or holiday that involves flying? And as the time gets nearer the more intense the feelings become. The day to fly out is viewed with a deep seated dread.
Well, there is no need to suffer anymore. Dunedin Hypnotherapy puts you back in control through hypnosis and relaxation techniques.
The trip will no longer be blighted with anxieties about the return flight. You can enjoy your holiday completely from start to finish – from booking right through to the return flight home.
Maybe your own fear is something more diverse ?
You are not alone. Here`s a list of strange phobias:
- Ambulophobia – The fear of Walking
- Epistemophobia – The fear of Knowledge
- Vestiphobia – The fear of Clothing
- Siderophobia – The fear of Stars
- Omniphobia – The fear of Everything
Scared ? Feel nauseous ? Panicy ?
This technique works for any anxieties –
- Identify the particular emotion that initiates the anxiousness and then learn to neutralise this
- Imagine your fist is a powerful magnet and any tensions you feel in your body are iron filings
- Think about where in your body you feel that tension.
- Take a few deep breaths and very slowly draw together all the tension away from you and attract it all into a large bundle into your fist as you gently clench it.
- As you clench your fist, you attract more and more tension away from your body and into your fist.
- On a slow out breathe, relax your body as you release your fist and flick the tensions far away into the distance. Notice tension leaving your body.
- Repeat this until you restore calm.
The more you practice this, the easier and quicker you can restore control.
This is just one of the many ways that I teach to overcome any type of anxiety. Once you are physically relaxed, then it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to go into panic mode.
Hypnotherapy is the fastest and easiest way to get rid of phobias
You no longer have to live within the parameters of those self-imposed limitations that you are forced to live under. There is one part of you that wants to be released from this, while another is reluctant. But there is no need. My Hypnotherapy leads you into a comfortably cure without any unnecessary fear, without any undue stress.
Dunedin Hypnotherapy with Garry George – * Hypnotherapy at its best *
Improvements in your confidence, and your life, CAN be made quickly and comfortably with the aid of hypnosis. There will never be a better time than NOW to realise your life potential.
I offer all new clients a FREE initial consultation by telephone or in the comfort of my room at 324A, South Road, Caversham, Dunedin.